As the global leader in digital and social media monitoring and intelligence, we help our customers monitor, understand, and influence the world around them based on data insights from the outside.
Meltwater has gone from humble beginnings in Oslo, Norway in 2001 to the global leader in media intelligence with 30,000 global clients today. We provide solutions to help modern PR, communication, and marketing professionals better understand their current media landscape, both in the news & social media.
For more than 20 years, Meltwater has maintained a very unique culture based on a foundation and belief in people and the potential they possess, regardless of experience. Our motto? When you have the right people in the right working environment, great things happen. There are 2200 members of the Meltwater family residing in 55 offices across 25 countries around the world. No matter what office you’re in, you’ll be surrounded by the best colleagues you’ve ever had. Our mission is to help clients achieve both tactical and strategic business goals through insights drawn from Meltwater solutions.
About the role: Enterprise - Customer Success Area Director, Greater China Region
We are growing fast and looking for a stellar Customer Success Area Director to drive success amongst the enterprise customers in the Greater China region. In this role, you will lead a team of customer success champions to deliver recurring value and impact from the investment the customers have made with Meltwater.
As a key function holder at Greater China, you will take ownership in crafting the right strategy and execution plan to drive and deliver success in de-risking, retaining and growing the customer base. You will lead by example, set the standard and hold the team accountable on similar standards. You will be a steward of Meltwater’s values and ensure that the team embodies these values.
You will coach and guide the team to ensure that the Meltwater Customer Success framework, methodology and processes are followed through to ensure a scalable and consistent customer experience across our enterprise customer base in Greater China.
Your Role & Responsibilities:
Who you are:
- Be responsible for managing the Greater China’s enterprise customer base and owner of retention and growth targets for Meltwater
- Lead and develop a top-notch Enterprise Customer Success team to achieving and exceed KPIs & targets
- Drive customer success metrics and goals, such as success/joint-impact plan, net promoter scores, and retention rates, and continuously monitor and analyze customer data to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement.
- Actively involved in coaching, supporting and directly engaging with customer’s decision maker on critical renewals that require executive support and engagement to drive win-win outcomes on commercial-related terms.
- Know our products in-depth and help our clients achieve the most value from their investment
- Be the Executive Sponsor at an executive and operational level to our top spending customers.
- Foster a culture of high performance, customer focus, and collaboration, particularly with sales, delivery service, marketing, human resource, product and engineering teams
- Establish strong feedback loop with your direct reports, leadership and cross functional teams
- Update management regularly on the health of the business and the plan to mitigate risk and raise issues which require senior leadership support.
- Contribute to company strategy and culture as a member of the leadership team
- Develop and implement scalable processes and best practices to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the customer success function, ensuring consistent and exceptional customer experience.
- 8-12 years in Customer Success/Account Management, preferably with a B2B or B2C high-growth Cloud company.
- 5 years of building and leading distributed, regional or international high-performing Customer Success/Account Management teams
- Possess exceptional business acumen and deep and relevant experience in managing enterprise-grade customers in the Greater China region with expert level ability in client engagement, negotiation and driving win-win outcomes.
- Achieved consistent and high retention and growth results in current/previous SaaS organizations in managing a Customer Success Team
- Ability to manage ambiguity and exhibit maturity in handling people relationships
- Able to work independently, problem-solve proactively, and collaborate effectively
- Data-driven, analytical, with a commitment to excellence
- Comfortable with common tech software tools (e.g. Totango, Slack, Salesforce, G-Suite,Tableau, 6Sense etc)
- Exceptional business acumen and ability to navigate large, complex, enterprise customers
- Ability to speak and write fluently in Mandarin and English. Ability to speak Cantonese will be a strong plus.
- Eligible to work in China without sponsorship