About the Department:
Meltwater’s Client Insight Japan team forms up the professional services arm of our business. We take responsibility for curating bespoke reports and managing key projects of our biggest clients. We deliver business-essential intelligence reports and actionable insights based on our keen analyses of various media outlets across traditional and social media channels. Our core competency of high adaptability to client’s requirements comes from the unique team of individuals composed of diverse insights & analytics. We always strive to break new grounds, constantly focusing on solution-oriented approaches and at the same time developing every individual to his or her full capacity.
About the Role: Senior Media Analyst
The Senior Media Analyst is responsible for tracking, compiling, and reporting customer research metrics that are derived from multiple data points in order to support business decisions.
This role requires the analyst to compile data from multiple customer measurement tools, social media platforms, market research studies and other data channels and organize the data in formats suitable for analysis. He/she performs data analysis using defined tools and techniques and delivers insights across various customer segments, genres, and media platforms. He also supports the development of reports based on data analytics findings. The work involves data collection, analysis, insight generation and reporting to various departments as required.
Critical Job Responsibilities:
Technical & Operational:
- Provide technical inputs to the planning of data analytics and market research projects
- Assess data quality to gauge suitability for analysis and develop checklists and tracking tools to ensure adherence to data quality control standards
- Generate reports to share insights from research and analysis with other departments and/or stakeholders
- Manage internal & external stakeholder interactions and review standard of reporting / project deliverables done by the teams, ensuring alignment of deliverables according to requirements/SLAs set by clients
- Assist Project Managers in onboarding new clients, whilst identifying the key issues and steps needed for a successful onboarding process.
- Collaborate across different teams and stay up-to-date on industry changes, to maintain an edge in proposing best-in-class sights reports and deliverables for clients
- Oversee efficiency of workflows - Proactively monitoring and reviewing workflows, identify potential workflow issues that require assessment & review with clients
- Conceive templates, dashboards and other visualization tools for specific projects
- Assist users, technical staff and management to determine and resolve issues associated with project implementation
- Develop a know-how of meltwater products to help enhance reports
- When needed, lead and demonstrate insight production for clients to show by example
People Development & Management:
- Be a culture champion - build and drive the overall culture and vision of the team by leading by example
- Ensure constant close communication with team to ensure any changes to deliverables are executed, delivered and archived accordingly
- Identify challenges within the team, including workflow, welfare and scheduling and feedback to management
- Team Development - Liaise with management to identify and execute training needed to optimize team's overall skills
- Ensure proper briefings, handovers and mentoring is done for team members to ensure support at all levels
Your experience likely looks like this…
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluently at a native-level in Japanese, business-level in English - we will only consider candidates with exceptional spelling and grammar skills
- Have experience in research work and have skill to design research
- Reading and writing complex and official Japanese texts or reports
- Basic skills in data analysis, simple data visualizations, insight generation, and reporting skills with Excel, PPT and other writing tools
- Accuracy in thinking through the evidence objectively and meticulously, and obsession with numbers as an evidence
- Experience in defining requirements for clients and scope of work
- Program or project management, organizational and communication skills both written and verbal
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might help if you also have…
- Mathematics and/or Statistics modules or qualifications, at a university level
- Business-level in Chinese or business-level in Korean
- Experience writing reports, articles, or papers
- Relevant industry experience in media insights / reporting & analytics / traditional or social media / media agencies & public relations / digital marketing / marketing & communications
- Data visualization and dashboard tools, such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, etc)
- Statistical modeling and data mining techniques, and analytical tools and languages such as SQL, Python, R, etc
- Team player mentality with organizational and prioritization skills
- Business acumen and the ability to behave, speak and act in a trustworthy manner
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
Who you are:
- Detail-oriented. You leave nothing to chance!
- Creative problem solver. You're able to change course at the drop of a hat!
- Cool under pressure . Prepared for every possible situation that might pop up!
- Digital and media literacy and interest in social networking service or news
- Motivation to contribute to A the Japanese nation and growth
- Inclusive: you actively support and engage in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation
- Passionate, Agile, Respectful, and Brave
- Maximize, we are growing to see another horizon
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Fast career progression and empowerment in your role
- Flat hierarchy with diverse, high-performance & collaborative teams
- Global presence and a uniquely Meltwater culture like no other
- Both flexible work arrangement & vibrant office space with a well-stocked pantry
- Generous vacation leave
- Monthly fitness allowance
- Training programs, conferences, seminars for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive Medical insurance for you
- Business travel life insurance
- Commute support（通勤手当）
- Fun team outings
- And more…
Meltwater is firmly committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with respect and dignity.
At Meltwater, we believe that when you have the right people in the right working environment, great things happen. Our best-in-class technology empowers our 27,000 customers around the world to analyze over a billion pieces of data each day and make better business decisions.
Our award-winning culture is our north star and drives everything we do – from striving to create an environment where all employees do their best work, to delivering customer value by continuously innovating our products — and making sure to celebrate our successes and have fun along the way.
We’re proud of our diverse team of 2,200+ employees in 50 locations across 25 countries around the world. No matter where you are, you’ll work with people who care about your success and get the support you need to reach your goals.
So, in a nutshell, that's Meltwater. We love working here, and we think you will too.